1. Ride a Bike.
He bought me a bike from a flea market, banana seat – daisies on the seat, streamers on the handles, I remember he spent hours holding the back of my seat till I learned to balance on my own. I definitely learned the importance of balance. My elbows still have scars from some big first crashes.
2. How to throw a softball.
do not… “throw like a girl.”
3. How to bowl.
I LOVE to go bowling! Anyone want to join a league with snazzy little bowling shirts and all?!? hehe. If so, check this link here to get an idea of the balls you can get, ready for our fun, haha!
4. How to grow a garden.
It is therapeutic for me to get my hands in the dirt, and I love to grow things that my family can be nourished from.
5. Play games.
6. Play fair. Talk trash.
7. Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth.
8. Save my allowance – Don’t buy something, just because you can.
9. He taught me how to make strawberry freezer jam.
10. Respect everyone.
11. Respect & appreciate diversity.
12. Be involved in politics, not a day went by that I spent with him that he wasn’t grumbling at the news.
13. How to fish.
14. Have an opinion.
15. Be skeptical.
16. How to drive. I got pulled over for my first time when I was 13 driving in Washington State with my Dad…
17. How to put gas in a car.
18. Work hard.
19. Help your neighbors.
20. How to dig for clams.
21. Get an education.
22. Go to church.
23. Fight for freedom & the freedom of choice.
24. To be liberal, maybe a little too much.
25. Always travel.
26. Whatever your dream is, you can accomplish it.
27. Use my hands to build things.
28. Eat sun-warmed tomatoes in the garden with salt.
29. Visit your friends.