Here’s the recipe I made for dinner. I’ll update the post later on how they tasted! The picture is from the newsletter. Mine don’t look quite that good! :) I put half in the fridge to bake for dinner and the other half in the freezer to eat at another date.
I originally found the recipe in a newsletter from Weight Watcher’s, but it’s also in this book: Weight Watchers Take-Out Tonight! : 150+ Restaurant Favorites to Make at Home–All 8 POINTS or Less
2 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
1/2 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
16 oz fat-free canned refried beans
8 oz salsa
4 1/2 oz canned green chili peppers, mild, drained and diced
1 tsp chili powder
3 Tbsp scallion(s), thinly sliced
1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
8 large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350ÂºF. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Coat a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Add turkey to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid from pan and then add beans, 8 ounces of salsa, chili peppers, chili powder and scallions. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes; stir in cheese.
3. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil; warm in oven for 10 minutes.
4. Assemble chimichangas by spooning about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto each tortilla; fold in sides and roll up.
5. Place chimichangas in prepared baking dish. Bake uncovered until tortillas are crisp and brown, about 20 minutes. Serve each topped with 2 tablespoons of additional salsa and 1 tablespoon of sour cream.